Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tomato, Okra & Cabbage Soup recipe


This recipe started out as:
http://fatsecret.com/recipes/cabbage-and-tomato-soup/Default.aspx

but has evolved into my own recipe!
As usual for me, I like to tweak recipes.
Frank's Hot Sauce makes everything better.

In a large pot:

1-2 tablespoons bacon grease
1/2 cup each:
onion, celery, bell pepper chopped
1/4 cabbage or 2-4 cups chopped
Cook the above till wilted and kinda soft.

then add:
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cups frozen sliced okra
1 can green beans
2 chicken boulion cubes
2 cans of water
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 Tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons Splenda
Salt & Pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.


bring to a boil, stirring. cover turn heat down to low,
simmer for 1 hour.

If cabbage messes you up, you should leave it out or cut back on the amount.
I bet I could even put my "blender on a stick" in this and make it
creamed soup. then add some heavy cream and butter at the end,
like in your bowl! yummy.
I remember someone made it and didn't like the taste (and tossed it out),
to me, that's an inexperienced cook,
add stuff to make it good to you!!
like, I added red pepper flakes,
some vinegar (2 Tablespoons) and 2 Tab. of Splenda also.
Make it your own recipe. you could add meat, chicken or beef also!!
When I serve this in my bowl,
I add some Franks Hot Sauce
to the top and maybe some cheese.
email me any time, if you want:
bungej@bellsouth.net
Love to all my low carb buddies.
Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Don't cheat! Eat healthy today.
Plan ahead for great results.



1 comment:

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body