to check and see how long you have been eating right!
I've been on Atkins 146 days as of today, July 25th, 2011.
love this way of eating!
More energy, great food,
great friends on facebook doing it with me,
diabetes is much better, loosing weight too!
All this makes me a happy camper these days.
Now, If we could just sell our house!!
made the best food yesterday:
I'll find the recipe and add it here and a picture too.
Ingredients in original recipe(I took out the flour,
and added sausage and a few more spices)
- 3 zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the zucchini whole until they start to become tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the zucchini, and set aside to cool. Once cool, slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the center flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell around the entire zucchini. Chop the scooped-out zucchini flesh.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the mushrooms and sweet red pepper until tender and the mushrooms release their juice, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and oregano, then stir in the reserved chopped zucchini flesh and Monterey Jack cheese. Heat the mixture until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot. Stuff the filling into the hollowed-out zucchini; sprinkle each with about 3/4 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Broil the zucchini until the filling is bubbling and the cheese is browned, 3 to 5 minutes.