Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Low carb Home Made Cheetos recipe




This recipe is from "Secret Weight Loss Recipes" by Maria Emmerich.

Recipe from this book:
Homemade cheetos ...
1 gram of carb, which is nothing!
3 egg whites
1/8 teas. cream of tartar
a pinch salt
beat this till you have stiff peaks,
add 1/2 cup grated cheese.
whip the eggs whites with wire wisk attached to your electric beater
(if you have those).
Also it helps to have your eggs at room temperature.
This makes them whip up fast and you get lots more volume too.
Spoon them on baking sheet (I used parchment paper).
bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, then turn the oven off and let them cool in the oven, I sprinkled some seasoning salt on top,

next time, will add: garlic and red pepper or some lemon pepper!!

I'm re-posting this blog from last year, great recipe, easy too.

I'm wondering what this would be like if instead of cheese, we added some cocoa, & your favorite sweetener ....cookies!!!!!
oh man, I'm gonna try this soon!

I've made the Cheetos 3 times, everyone loves them. I tried piping them the first time, but the egg whites went limp, so I just drop by small spoonfuls now.
Let me know how your turn out and what you do to tweak the recipe.
hang in there. We are all in this together. Try not to cheat too bad..
I love you all,
Joan
This is an older post, but worth repeating!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hello! I am trying to find the best recipe for home made Cheetos. I will try yours asap. Kisses, Foivi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet my boys would LOVE these! And I think I'll try out the chocolate version too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I am very sad I don't know what I did wrong this time. My eggs went watery before I could even spoon then on the baking sheet. I've done them before and it turned out amazing but this is the second time....... ��

    ReplyDelete

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body