Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Breakfast Casserole low carb

Recipe/breakfast casserole



Brown 1 pound good sausage in frying pan, drain

1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper,chopped
6 eggs,beat with fork or wire wisk
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup water
2 cups cheese, Grated,use your fave
(I used 1 cup Mexican taco cheese & 1 cup mozarella)

I just brown the sausage, drain it.
put it in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
spread the onions & peppers over it.(I sautéd mine a tiny bit, but you don't have to)
mix all the eggs, half & half, water and cheese together.
pour over meat.
bake at 350 for 45 -60 minutes.

 Mixing the cheese into the eggs makes this so much better than just sprinkling it over the top.
This casserole lasted us 3 days. We just sliced some and reheated in microwave when ever we wanted. It's good at room
temperature.
I got this from a mixture of an old recipe of mine (but it had bread layered on the bottom) and from Kent the low carb master cook!

9 comments:

  1. thank you for the recipe, my family is on Atkins and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! What size casserole dish do you use?

    ReplyDelete

  3. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    print framing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this yesterday and it's amazing! I used Great Value Fiesta cheese. I'm eating it again this morning. Thank you for this simple, tasty recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carb count please I am wanting to make this in the morning

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic warmed up with a bit of Salsa on it! It has become a staple potluck brunch recipe for me! Making it now for me and the girls tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needs a carb count on this recipe please.. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picture looks like an 8X8. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this recipe it was great and convenient for me. I also added mushrooms n spinach. Working the late shift this was the BEST. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body