Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mr. Peanut Sandwich Bread



I stole this from my friend, Sandy.

Please click on the picture to see it upclose!!!

Who would have thought peanut butter could make a great bread?
Sliceable, with great texture and just a mild peanut flavor.




Mr. Peanut Sandwich Bread
LOW CARB

1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
3 eggs
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 packet sweetener (optional)

Blend peanut butter and eggs until smooth (I just used a fork).
Add in remaining ingredients.
Pour into a sprayed loaf pan and smooth the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Let cool before slicing.
3.03 net carbs per slice with 17 slices

The texture of this loaf is fantastic.
It is not dense like many coconut flour breads. It is springy, yet sturdy enough to hold together well for sandwiches. If you don't mind a slight nutty flavor, this will be a go to recipe. It can be made into muffins too. Just think, a great bread with no specialty ingredients or time consuming methods.

This is originally from:

http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2011/03/mr-peanut-sandwich-bread.html

thank you so much for sharing this great recipe!!

If yall have more questions,
email me at: bungej@bellsouth.net

26 comments:

  1. I just made a loaf, it's awesome easy and very good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Is it considered low carb? Sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Cuz, low carb,
    3.03 net carbs per slice with 17 slices

    ReplyDelete
  4. next time I'm going to add some caraway seeds and dill. yumm yumm

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I put SF honey in it will it be like a sweet cake ? Something you could have with a cup of coffee ? It looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You probably could! I think nuts and raisins and some spices like pumpkin pie spice would be good. It's kinda like your basic little black dress, you could dress it up or down. I've never hear of sugar free honey. I think someone is trying to pull your leg, real honey never has sugar in it, but it acts like sugar in your bloodstream,
    so beware of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe even add nuts and cinnamon, more splenda for a coffee cake.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, there is no flour of any kind?

    ReplyDelete
  9. right, NO flour. it works, see my pictures? I just stirred it with a fork, following the instructions and the order in the recipe. We don't use flour in low carb eating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joan, I am so glad you like the bread. I am not sure how your friend Sandy posted the recipe, but your description is directly from my blog. Feel free to share, but please post a link back to me.http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2011/03/mr-peanut-sandwich-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Lisa! i just did that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Joan I do have SF honey I buy it at walmart . Here is the link it is very good

    http://www.amazon.com/HoneyTrees-Imitation-Honey-12-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B000YSXDDY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was interested in sugar free honey so I looked up the nutrition counts for this product. Not sure what the advantages are: the calorie count is slightly lower for the SF version but the carb count is almost identical to regular honey. Real honey, especially if you can find it locally sourced, has some health benefits. Something created in a chemistry lab? Not so much.

      Delete
  13. Just waiting for mine to come out of the oven. I may try adding flax seed next time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joan how long should I cook muffins ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I baked my muffins about 16-20 minutes.
    Hope you make them and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A note to all who want to make this: it does not rise like normal bread! it rises just a tiny bit. Makes awesome French toast & sugar free jelly sambiches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. make some peanut-butter bread! toast it with butter & add some Sugar free jelly!OMGosh! it's so good and so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Once you make this can you freeze the slices ??? I'm single and can't eat all this...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it would freeze, but I have not tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Joan - I've just found your site, it's wonderful! My problem is I can not eat peanuts, do you think the recipe would work with almond butter?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it would. Someone told me they did that.
    Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is BRILLIANT!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just made this and it does not look like your picture. Did you double it? Or is that a mini loaf?

    ReplyDelete

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body