Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Recipe/breakfast casserole


Brown 1 pound good sausage in frying pan, drain
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper,chopped
6 eggs,beat with fork or wire wisk
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup water
2 cups cheese, Grated,use your fave
(I used 1 cup Mexican taco cheese & 1 cup mozarella)
I just brown the sausage, drain it.
put it in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
spread the onions & peppers over it.(I sautéed mine a tiny bit, but you don't have to)
mix all the eggs, half & half, water and cheese together.
pour over meat.
bake at 350 for 45 -60 minutes.
Mixing the cheese into the eggs makes this so much better than just sprinkling it over the top.
This casserole lasted us 3 days. We just sliced some and reheated in microwave when ever we wanted. It's good at room
temperature.
I got this from a mixture of an old recipe of mine (but it had bread layered on the bottom) and from Kent the low carb master cook!

11 comments:

  1. What size dish did you use ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 1/2" X 12" X 2" deep, sprayed with Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan--
    I'm gonna make this today for breakfast this week; thanks! I've been reading the Atkins page on FB and heavy cream is getting a lot of traction lately. Do you have any idea what the effect would be of using heavy cream instead of half and half and egg whites instead of the whole egg? Would I need to use more egg?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the taste of heavy cream much better than half & half. So that's what I buy. As for the egg whites, you could do that, but why? the whole egg is so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this and really enjoyed it. I don't use half and half...I used 1/2 cup heavy cream mixed with 1/2 cup water in this and then omitted the additional 1/2 cup of water. I made this as-is once and it was too watery/runny. These changes made it more firm which I preffered. I served with a drizzle of sugar-free syrup on it and it was amazing. I'm on a keto diet and this is a great staple. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is the calorie and carb count of this dish? Is there a recommended serving size?

    Thanks!
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many carbs per setting is this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish bloggers would answer the questions people have or provide the stats when they publish a recipe :(

      Delete
    2. Or maybe... you could just enter the foods into a calorie counting app yourself.

      Delete

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body