Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Grilled Pork Chops, and Shopping Cheap

Good morning to my low carbing friends. Spring is here finally!
We grill outside almost every day in good weather.
Today it's center cut boneless pork chops.
No , I'm not extravagant at all buying this cut of meat.

We buy the pork loins when they are on sale, 
have them cut and freeze them in freezer bags.
We usually buy 3 or 4 whole loins at about $14.00 a piece.
Rick was in the grocery business for many years
 and has taught me how to shop cheap.
When items are on sale, stock up on them!

We have a freezer full of meats. 
We are very careful about how we freeze it.
I use the vacuum sealer bags when I have them,
 some times I run out and just use the freezer zip locks, 
but be sure you get as much air out as you can and seal really well.
We buy steaks, ground chuck, chicken breast , whole chickens, sea food
usually around 1/2 price or better.
You name it, we have it frozen.

 Back to the chops, I usually marinate them in Dales marinate or,
 some Italian salad dressing,
then get the grill hot and cook on both sides about 5 minutes each.
Hugs to all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body