Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

HUGE Awakening

OK.. I had a huge and shocking awakening about my diet.
I called myself sticking to my diet BUT not losing weight. But in reality, I have pushed my food intake to the edge of the envelope and then some! I have been reading all I can about diets and problems different groups of people have with their particular diet. I have been reading one site that is a forum for folks who have had weight loss surgery.
http://www.livingafterwls.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/
It's a great site, even tho I have not had this type surgery. (I used to think that I needed it, until I found the "belly fat cure diet book". I have lost about 34 pounds using it.) Now after reading for days and days on their "WLS" site, I realize that I am SO Happy that I did NOT have any surgery for weight loss!! They have major problems eating and for the rest of their lives!! OK, back to the point here.. while reading on there, a nutritionist wrote a great but long article about how important it is to keep a food journal, and how important it is to be truthful, brutally truthful.
http://www.livingafterwls.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t12780.html
I thought about that a while.....damn, that's hard to do. I was sorta keeping a running list in my head, I thought....hummmmm....OK, so yesterday I found another site to record ALL my food intake and it breaks it all down for me into calories, sodium, carbs, sugars...etc..etc....this is cool I thought.... well I was amazed!! To begin with take your weight and multiply that times 7 and that gives you the number of calories for a resting metobolic count. So if you just rest all day, you will burn that amount of calories, no matter what, so you need to eat less than that to lose weight. OK, I got my number, it's 1638 calories at my weight today. But after listing everything I ate yesterday, I ate 2301 calories!!!!!!!! OMG how did that happen??? and could that be the reason I'm not loosing...??? but of course it is the reason... but when reading further into the numbers..OMG again..I'm gonna die!! my fat was way over the top, cholesterol was more than double normal limits, my sodium was out the roof, twice and then some over the normal limit and my protein was about 3 times what it should be.
Only my carbs were low and my sugars were low and my fiber was ZERO (wonder why I have problems going to the bathroom??)
So today, I'm starting over again. I had a great protein shake for breakfast. 100 calories.and very good for you too, and 2 glasses of crystal light orange juice drink (0 cal.), counts as water.
Here is the website to list your food intake, it makes this so easy:
www.livestrong.com/my plate/
try it out....... a new start............thank you Lord for giving me the chance to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body