Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Todays menu:Dinner in a Dish with egg noodles

My Husbands favorite dinner is:
DINNER IN A DISH
This is a recipe from my first mother in law, Edith.


about 2 pounds good ground chuck (beef), browned and drained (set aside)
1 large onion chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
salt and pepper
1 bag of curly egg noodles cooked and drained (do not rinse, set aside)
2 cans of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of milk
cheese

I like to cook my bell pepper and onion first in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, about 10 minutes, pour into a small bowl, set aside.
now brown the ground chuck stirring, drain well, set aside.
cook your noodles in that same pot, with 3 qts water and salt, boil noodles about 7-8 minutes, drain, do not rinse.

next combine, noodles in pot with soups and milk and onion and peppers.
add browned and  drained ground chuck.
stir well
pour into a baking dish (I usually divide & put into 2) freeze one, or give to my son
cover with your favorite grated cheese.
bake in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes uncovered.

I like to serve this with sliced tomatoes
or
a nice green salad
and some brown and serve dinner rolls

but tonight I'm making Bisquick complete mix " Cheese-Garlic Biscuits"
just add 1/2 cup of water to the mix, stir and make drop biscuits.
ready in 15 minutes!
Hope yall like this dinner.
as you can see I'm off my diet for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body