Lime Chicken soft tacos(crock pot and Atkins friendly)
- about 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced (I used lemon)
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or celantro
- 8 (10 inch) LOW CARB tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican mix cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar substitute, salt, pepper, onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
- You can throw it all in the crock pot and let it go. I then take out the chicken and shred it. It is so yummy and reminds me of a great restaurant in Arizona.
I got this off Allrecipes.com and modified it some for low carbers