Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

low carb Chicken Gumbo Soup recipe

Chicken Gumbo Soup

2 tablespoons bacon drippings
3 chicken breasts, cooked, deboned, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
4 cups of chicken broth (juice I cooked chicken in)
1 can (16 ounce) tomatoes, undrained
2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup of green peppers, diced
1/3 cup of long grained rice, uncooked
1 cup of frozen okra
2 tablespoons dry parsley
1 dash of Worcestershire sauce


In a large soup pot, add all ingredients.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
until all vegetables and rice are tender.
About 30 minutes.
I've used this recipe for years, way before I started low carbing it.
You can omit the rice if you think it's too many carbs.
This taste like Campbell's chicken gumbo soup to me.
It's one of my favorite comfort foods!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body