Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pecan Chicken or Fish low carb recipe


I'm re-posting this because it's so good!!

I thought this recipe up while eating breakfast one morning.
I have lots of pecans in my freezer, so I wanted to put some to use ,
applying them in an Atkins friendly recipe.
So here it is, it really turned out yummy!!:

1 cup ground pecans
1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 egg (wisked)
olive oil & butter for frying
fish or chicken tenders

I ground the pecans in my blender, it only takes a second or 2.
mix that with parmasan cheese, set aside.
wisk egg in bowl by it's self.
have your oil & butter heating in a non stick fry pan, about 2 tablespoons of each.
dip your fish or chicken in egg,
then dip into the pecan/cheese mixture.
place gently into the hot oils, fry about 3-4 minutes on each side.
The chicken may take a little longer.
Cook on medium high heat,
you want it to sizzle but not burn!!
No salt is needed really, the cheese adds that flavor.

If you are doing chicken:
I like to flatten my tenders out:
I do 2 at a time.
using a large piece of plastic wrap, lay it across your cutting board, put 2 pieces of chicken tenders side by side on top, then fold the plastic wrap over the top of it. I use a wooden mallet
and beat the chicken until almost flat.
By using the plastic wrap, it keeps you from slinging the chicken juice and tiny pieces all over your kitchen!!!
I wipe every thing down with a water/clorox mix when done.
we do not what ecoli growing in your kitchen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body