Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

low carb Chicken Gumbo Soup recipe

Good Morning beautiful Atkins loosers! It's Friday again! Mama says NO cheating this weekend! No Cake, No pies, NO fries!!! Lets have a great weekend and don't get off track at all. Won't it be great when Monday gets here and you can say, I did it!! I know we can do it, because we are worth it. Love you all, kisses from Ga.

My Chicken Gumbo Soup
delicious!

2 tablespoons bacon drippings
1-3 chicken breasts, cooked, de-boned, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
8 cups of chicken broth (what I cooked the breast in)
1 can (16 ounce) tomatoes, not drained
2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup of green peppers, diced
1/4 cup of long grained rice, uncooked
1 cup of frozen okra
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 dash of Worcestershire sauce

In a large soup pot, add all ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until all vegetables
and rice are tender. serve hot.
The amount of rice, is such a tiny bit, that I left it in the recipe.
You can leave it out, if you are that strict with your carbs!!>

Hope you all ENJOY this, it's one of my favorites. :-)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see a low carb chicken gumbo recipe...

    I'm back to low carb for the rest of my life... and instead of eating some carbs "now and then" I'm going to replace carbed foods I used to like with alternates...

    Since I grew up in Louisiana, I love gumbo... now I'll have this one without the flour roux.... Awesome...! Thanks... Hope you are well today.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carol,
    I loved this recipe, let me know how you like it though, since you are from the home of Cajun food!
    We can tweak just about any recipe to be low carb. I'm using zuchinni now for pasta!! Just use a potato peeler and make ribbons, saute them in butter you have noodles!!

    ReplyDelete

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body