Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Perfect Boiled Egg

I've been cooking boiled eggs for 40 years and I just learned the right way,
Or the best way!
These always turn out perfect.
Put your eggs in a pan, cover with cold water,
with water 1 inch above the eggs.
Put on stove, bring to a hard boil, and then time them 3 minutes
boiling the whole 3 minutes.
You are not through yet....keep reading.

Take off heat, cover and time them 8 more minutes.
Then.....
Pour the hot water off the eggs and cover with cold water,
that stops the cooking.
They will be perfect.
I even tried cooking them the Paula Dean way
and they were still raw inside!!
So she doesn't even know how to boil eggs!!!
OK, my dieting friends there's no reason for you to screw up another egg!
These will be so pretty when you slice into them,
no more green circles around the yokes!!
Hugs and kisses to you all.
Happy low carbing!

5 comments:

  1. I just boil mine till they come to a boil,ever how long it takes then turn off and let set for 10. Then cool in cold water. Perfect every time. I rem yrs ago I would boil them for 15 min. Crazy, if I had of only known about this then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to bring them to a boil, take off the heat and time them 20 minutes. It works but they always had the green around the yoke. These won't. And it's just in time for Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put the raw eggs in cold water - bring to a boil, take off heat and cover. Let them sit for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water. Perfect every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bring to boil and boil 10 minutes....take off and pour off hot water and put in cold and perfect "no green" eggs every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had the worse luck with boiling eggs! No matter what method I have tried... either the eggs were not cooked correctly or the eggs wouldn't peel correctly! Would end up throwing the eggs in the garbage. I ended up buying an egg cooker from QVC...cooks from 1-7 eggs...soft, medium, or hard boil eggs. It cooks the eggs perfectly...! I cook the eggs in less time it takes to boil the water on the stove. Anyone interested...I will forward the information. Joan...I love reading your wall...keep the information coming...!!

    ReplyDelete

Fat Head the movie

Fat Head the movie
I hope you watch this! it's FREE!!

Followers

fat body

fat body